Discuss Soft black adhesive removal in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello all!! Great to be back here after a long while away!! My situation is: I have lifted some old lino tiles (asbestos free, got them tested!) and am now faced with a kitchen floor covered in this soft black adhesive (goes quite malleable when heated with a heat gun but very sticky) and I understand I cannot tile directly on top of it. I am not looking to cut corners but would just like to know HOW to deal with the problem. I can scrape it off but how do I clean the concrete substrate for the tile adhesive? The client wants to keep the price down so screed better avoided... Any comments from someone who has had a similar problem would be very welcome!!!

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its probably “Bitumen” which was commonly used to stick not only Lino tiles but Parquet flooring as well.
If the screed is in good condition below … I would prime/seal the floor or overlay with a 6mm backer board and go ahead with the Tiling.
Or … put down an anti crack Matt ….
You could always stick a tile down as a tester and see how well it sticks… (it will stick)!!
GW.

Reply to Soft black adhesive removal in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks