Discuss Small wetsaw for mitres. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Need some suggestions please guys. Im doing some metros in the kitchen im on at the moment. Im using my Rubi DU200 bridge saw to do The mitres and having a bit of a mare! I've got a very good blade in it But im finding the motor is perhaps not consistent enough and the water pump is pretty pants. Im getting ok cuts to continue but not perfect so im not happy.
Anyone got any suggestions of an alternative saw? Want something small to do mitres up to 300mm tile size. Im going to invest in a much bigger say in the future. But for jobs like this it would be over kill to pull out such a beast for such small format.
I refuse to use trim, especially on metros unless the customer demands it. But i need something that will leave a nicer cut.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Sigma 9p

i can not get over how quick and easy it is to set up, light and the mitre capability is simply beautiful. Weighing in with needed stand is £880 delivered from PHG. The sliding table and precision is a dream.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If you were near me ali u could lend my dewalt.
Other than that im not sure, the little table saws are usually pants for good mitres , sorry mate

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I have a couple of little table saws but as you say they're pants.

Cam what size tile will the 9p cut? I say your post the other day and if something to save toward. But i wanted something smaller and lightweight. Therefore cheaper for such jobs as kitchen splashbacks where you've only got two window reveals and approximately 8 mitred joints to do.
But if the 9p is as good as you say it is and light and easy it could work. Just not affordable right now.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
It cuts 42cm in length and 30x30 on the diagonal. However with the guide off it will cut as long as you wish to follow a pencil line.

I wish I had bought one years ago. I cannot stress the mitre function and its perfection along with the guides accuracy.
I may do a review tonight!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I just don't know if i can justify the outlay right now. But external mitres are the way forward!

W

White Room

It cuts 42cm in length and 30x30 on the diagonal. However with the guide off it will cut as long as you wish to follow a pencil line.

I wish I had bought one years ago. I cannot stress the mitre function and its perfection along with the guides accuracy.
I may do a review tonight!

With the guide off are you limited for doing mitres....

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

I dont rate my dewalt mitring porcelain, the thin blade flexes too much and the porcelain pushes it away and you get an uneven mitre its good on ceramics and softer materials though

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
The Rubi i bought because i had 50 plus metres of travertine to cut in half do a job. So it suited purpose for that. Plus at around 100 notes inclusive it was a steal.
The problem it has though is when you turn it on its 45 the motor makes the whole bridging rail wobble. So what i found today was that the glaze was chiping slightly on the edge of the cut. Wasn't major but enough to pee me off. Wasted a few tiles in the process but most i could lightly file to sort out. But it's a pain. Need something better. But i like the idea of having a little machine dedicated for small format mitres i can leave setup alongside my other cutters and saws.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
It weighs in at 22kg and the saw stand which is worth every 110,000 pennies folds open, plonk saw on top, fill water holder and you are away!!!

im already eyeing up a 10m !!!! Hehe

I

Ian

It weighs in at 22kg and the saw stand which is worth every 110,000 pennies folds open, plonk saw on top, fill water holder and you are away!!!

im already eyeing up a 10m !!!! Hehe

£1100 for a stand, seems a bit pricey to me :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Small wetsaw for mitres. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks