Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Small tiles (6x6) on bathroom floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Kaffee

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

This is my first post here but I"ve been reading this forum for a while (I've picked up a lot from the "is this a bad tile job?" threads.). As I'm from Belgium some of the terms will be different but I'll try to be clear.

I'm redoing my parents-in-law their bathroom together with my father in law. We've done a decent job so far (demo of the old bathroom, fixing the walls, applying kerdi etc.) And most of the walls have been done in a subway tile (20 x 10 cm). Some beginner mistakes but nothing too bad.

The last job will be the floor. They've chosen a 15 x 15 cm (which is 6x6 inch?) floor tile.

I've been reading and watching a lot of videos on tile and was sold on the idea of using a tile levelling system. But is this doable with a tile this small? Seems a bit overkill?

The floor is ok (no high/low points, and is flat as seen by my 2 meter level).

I plan on doing the floor very slow and we'll be using a C2TES1 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and a 8mm (or 10mm, depending on which one gets us the best coverage) notched trowel. Using the level a lot and the same way I did the garden paths (lay a few level tiles and then using a wooden plank to get the next one level).

We haven't started the floor yet so I'm curious for getting any last minute tips.

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here but I"ve been reading this forum for a while (I've picked up a lot from the "is this a bad tile job?" threads.). As I'm from Belgium some of the terms will be different but I'll try to be clear.

I'm redoing my parents-in-law their bathroom together with my father in law. We've done a decent job so far (demo of the old bathroom, fixing the walls, applying kerdi etc.) And most of the walls have been done in a subway tile (20 x 10 cm). Some beginner mistakes but nothing too bad.

The last job will be the floor. They've chosen a 15 x 15 cm (which is 6x6 inch?) floor tile.

I've been reading and watching a lot of videos on tile and was sold on the idea of using a tile levelling system. But is this doable with a tile this small? Seems a bit overkill?

The floor is ok (no high/low points, and is flat as seen by my 2 meter level).

I plan on doing the floor very slow and we'll be using a C2TES1 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and a 8mm (or 10mm, depending on which one gets us the best coverage) notched trowel. Using the level a lot and the same way I did the garden paths (lay a few level tiles and then using a wooden plank to get the next one level).

We haven't started the floor yet so I'm curious for getting any last minute tips.
Hey Kaffee
It would be overkill using a levelling system, what you have suggested would be good.

Good luck.

OP
K

Kaffee

-
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to get back to you guys. Everything worked out ok, took a while though to get everything level square etc.

Big thanks for the help, learned a lot here!

Kind regards

Reply to Small tiles (6x6) on bathroom floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock