Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Slow cutting 20mm Porcelain in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

jjack

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I am using a Marcrist CK850 blade on a Rubi TC-180 wet cutter and cutting 1 meter Porcelain tiles that are 20mm thick and seem pretty tough.

It takes me about 20 minutes to make a 1 meter cut using light pressure on the saw. Also, Ithe blade generates a lot of sparks.

Just looking to get general feedback from others who may have used this blade and on cutting big thick Porcelain in general.

• Is 20 minutes to be expected? I was expecting to cut quicker but the tiles do seem pretty tough.
  • Is a lot of sparks normal?

cheers

finlay

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
You need to sort out a better blade
Call ATS Diamond Tools tell them what your cutting

Reaction score
Seems something is wrong . I just d
I am using a Marcrist CK850 blade on a Rubi TC-180 wet cutter and cutting 1 meter Porcelain tiles that are 20mm thick and seem pretty tough.

It takes me about 20 minutes to make a 1 meter cut using light pressure on the saw. Also, Ithe blade generates a lot of sparks.

Just looking to get general feedback from others who may have used this blade and on cutting big thick Porcelain in general.

• Is 20 minutes to be expected? I was expecting to cut quicker but the tiles do seem pretty tough.

cheers

cheers
ive just done 100 meters of 900x400 ,20mm porcelain in a back garden . I used my rubi 1200mm wet cutter with a rubi porcelain blade . Each cut a minute or 2 . Think it’s maybe the blade your using . My machine came with a standard ceramic blade which I’ve never used as the porcelain disc cuts all . Expensive but worth it

Reply to Slow cutting 20mm Porcelain in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock