Discuss Slight chipping on porcelain tile in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
First time tiling and when removing the levelling spacers I tried to remove some addy from the surface and slightly chipped the surface. What do you guys use to cover, still need to grout also.

57B8FBC6-00BC-4C0E-9720-205B00A6575A.jpeg

Reaction score
It’s best to clean the joints as you tile. Can you replace the chipped tile. ?
I was cleaning the joints but the tile leveller had raised the adhesive which i had not noticed, i cant replace the tile unfortunately, its not the biggest of chips, just wondered if some infill would do the trick.

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
that doesn’t look too bad considering the tile itself has got some light and dark grays in it. If you were using a dark gray grout you could just fill in where the chips are I bet you wouldn’t even notice it. Because most of the chips seem to be on the dark gray areas.
BTW that looks a really cheap tile if it’s done that by just trying to remove some excess addy.

Reaction score
for the the stuck in levelling clips, Stanley out as much grout then blow torch Stanley knife blade, then melt the stuck in plastic clips, that should work

Colo

TF
Reaction score
done the same myself when first using those clips. I cut the clips out with a stanley and ignored the chips and grouted over that was years ago I forgot about them and you still cannot see where the chips were.

Reply to Slight chipping on porcelain tile in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks