Make life easy, search the forum.

I'm Looking For This Tile Single tile required!! - UK Tiling Forum

Discuss Single tile required!! in the Discontinued Tile Finding | List Spare Tiles area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 52892

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, I'm trying to track down one single tile to complete a job! The tiles were purchased about 15 years ago, so undoubtedly discontinued. I've attached pictures of the box the tiles came in and can supply a photo of the tile itself if required. It's a square gloss cream wall tile (dimensions in photo attached)
Many thanks for any assistance in advance,
Graham

IMG_20190915_212624_1.jpg

IMG_20190915_212635.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you rang pilks? They had a little shop on their site I think. Might be mixing them up with Johnsons. Which one was it Stoke?

I think it was Johnsons actually.

Whichever one was in Stoke had a shop that had loads of old stock. Mismatch batches and end of line stuff. But they would post out a few tiles here and there too for customers. Either way pilks might have done it too. My first port of call with guaranteed name and manufacturer would be to ring them.

Good luck.

OP
D

Deleted member 52892

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the swift response. I e-mailed Pilkingtons and got the following response:

'Regrettably these tiles have been discontinued, therefore we are unable to supply as per your request.
The collection dates back to 15 years ago, which makes it impossible to find any distributors of this tile'

Thanks for the Stoke lead, I'll take a look online and see what I can find.

Much appreciated,
Graham

OP
T

Tile Shop

The factory closed, they reopened an office as an importer for a very short time. They were then bought out by a Polish company called Rovese/Cersanit, keeping the Pilkingtons name for their UK operations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh god. So sorry!

Almost bob hope then.

Fingers crossed a tiler has one in his shed and will get back to this listing sometime. But it's likely you'll need find some way to put a different tile in the odd spot, and make it a sort of feature tile.

If you can replace 3 or 4 on the same wall with a tile that has some embossed pattern, or even a different colour tile to accent something else in the room. That's probably your best way about it.

If the tile is really old, why not re-tile maybe? Give yourself an early Christmas present. Some tiles. lol :D :D :D

OP
D

Deleted member 52892

No wonder Pilkingtons went bust with folk only buying tiles off them every 15 years!! :tearsofjoy:

It was actually Cersanit that I got a response from, so you're spot on Paul C.

Thanks for the advice Dan, I'll go and have a think......

Cheers guys,
Graham

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is it not cool, Dan
That they've gone bump or been sold or whatever. It's a shame.

Coming from 'the potteries' you'd have thought I'd have known which ceramics firms are doing what.

Wasn't a reaction related to your actual post mate. :D

Reply to Single tile required!! in the Discontinued Tile Finding | List Spare Tiles area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock