Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Siliconing in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H573

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
I was taught when sealing corners etc to masking tape before. Trouble is the tape here to be honest is terrible, it doesn’t stick and peels off whilst smoothing the silicone.
Any alternative ways?
Other posts mention fugi tool, do I still have to mask up when using these?

W

WetSaw

Fugi tool or similar dipped in fairy liquid is my preferred method. Also, as TJ says, practice. Don't cut the silicone nozzle too small either.

andreas

TF
Reaction score
As above, good quality silicone tool really makes the difference, once You practise a bit You find out that You'll be able to achieve best finish a lot quicker without tape.

G

GoneGuy

I use a Karl dahm silicone tool, lightly spray with water bottle that has a drop of fairy liquid in it, dip tool in a small container of same water

andreas

TF
Reaction score
My picks :Cramer fugi kit and McCoy joint boy, McCoy pieces overall a bit smaller in size so more practical in tight areas.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a skill in its own right. My old man used to fit windows and could do it whilst talking high up a ladder. Would be covered it in himself and have tissue stuck to him until he got home but is brilliant at it.

I used to do the masking tape method myself but it wasn't half time consuming.

Just stuck a spoiler on a car with some and made a right mess of it pmsl

Reply to Siliconing in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock