Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Silicone brand in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Wesley

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
I’ve been having a few issues of late with trying to get a good, smooth finish from coloured silicone. Have been trying different brands and so far mixed results.
I have been using Ardex silicone for a while, good colour range, but recently product seem very thick and not the easiest to “spread” to achieve good result.
What products are you using / prefer ?.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mapei , mapesil , good colour match with their range of grouts, soft and easy to apply.
not the cheapest out there, but worth it nonetheless.

Dow Corning also good silicone.

Reaction score
I like Dow Corning; use for white, clear, jasmine, Ivory (is it 1980?)

For colours I use Mapesil, although I sometimes find it a bit “thin”, it has a great range of colours. In reality I usually use this for verticals and boxing etc.

The more critical joints; tray/wall, bath/wall I use white Dow Corning and feel safer.

Having said that I may use coloured for a wetroom, usually one of the greys (getting boring...) , but I think of tiles etc to be purely decorative in this situation and rely on the membrane to do its job 🤞

OP
W

Wesley

TF
Arms
Reaction score
All, thanks for your thoughts / replies.
Ive never tried Weber before, so, if I find some I’ll give it a go. Will also give (coloured) Mapesil a try, looks like it’s widely available.
Agree with the comments about Dow, seems like it’s a go-to product if using white.

Reply to Silicone brand in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock