Discuss silicon/grout seperation in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dannib

Hi all
I have a shower tray with tiled back wall.
The silicone is sealing great to the tray/tile but comming away from the grout between the tiles.
I will remove all of the silicone and redo, but is there a thing I can do to the grout to prevent this seperation in future.
Thanks in advance
Danni

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Grout needs to be absolutely clean and free from any contaminates , and totally dry.
When spreading the silicone go one way then the other way with your finger or silicone tool.

D

dannib

Thanks for the replies Andy
I will try those and ensure bone dry before silicon.

I was thinking if I could prevent the bottom inch or so from getting moist, that this would prevent reoccurrence.
Do you know if there is any product (spray or paint-on) which would seal (temp or permanently) that area of tile/grout to prevent moisture absorbing into that vulnerable area.

Reply to silicon/grout seperation in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks