Discuss Sigma Mitre Wiz ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Concrete guy

That's a novel use of dry diamond pads and a turbo cup wheel.

Even if the machine is sensible money, the cost of consumables might mount up there.

G

Gazzer

That's a novel use of dry diamond pads and a turbo cup wheel.

Even if the machine is sensible money, the cost of consumables might mount up there.

I thought that the mitring would have been better with a diamond wheel but for the other it should be ok if thats what you are into!

C

Concrete guy

Cutting/chamfering edges kills diamond pads. That's what profilers and vanity blades are for.

It would be fine on natural stone or concrete, but porcelain will give the consumables a very short lifespan.

I

Ian

I polished the edge of a polished porcelain tile a couple of weeks back and it shredded one of my pads. Like Alan says, a very expensive way of mitring, especially if you've got a couple of dozen to do.

C

Concrete guy

I polished the edge of a polished porcelain tile a couple of weeks back and it shredded one of my pads. Like Alan says, a very expensive way of mitring, especially if you've got a couple of dozen to do.

Silicone carbide pads work very nicely on Porcelain Bri. They also don't break the bank if you happen to shred one.

R

rainsco

looks solid and the grinder is a good choice. but why they didn´t add the 90degree sanding? and why not suitable for a usual wet grinder? there are no wet grinders available from bosch. how much is that tool?

G

Gazzer

looks solid and the grinder is a good choice. but why they didn´t add the 90degree sanding? and why not suitable for a usual wet grinder? there are no wet grinders available from bosch. how much is that tool?

I dont know about the price or whether it comes with the grinder. I just saw it when looking through Youtube :thumbsup:

Reply to Sigma Mitre Wiz ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks