Discuss Sigma max vs standard pull score,, or montolit in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Guys whats your view on the max series of sigma tile cutter do you think there better than the pull method i personally don't find the max as accurate.
Is montolit better

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

I use max because I came from rubi and also think the breaking pressure is higher than pull .

D

Dumbo

Do you fnd it difficult to line up the wheel with the mark
Tbh once you get used to it you know where it is . If you are doing straight cuts the measuring bar is very good . I'm not over fussy about my internal corner cuts as if they are a mm different silicone will cover and the first tile into the corner will be covered by the second . The only time I check the wheel on marks is ext corner cuts like window reveals etc and then it's a bit trickier but I would never go back to rubi . I've just done a bathroom with wickes Everest stone and I've seen loads of people ***** about them , well I would say I had a high success rate not much worse than a decent tile .

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was disappointed with the 1260 max i bought and it was the updated version apparently more sturdy with thicker bar but it pulls to the right on a 1200 plank about 10 - 15mm.
Before getting a 60cm cutter i want to know what they are like my 75cm is a dream and i keep it for precise work in bathrooms, my old 60cm is done so need a new one.
Pity the shop dont do test drives lol

T

Tile Shop

but it pulls to the right on a 1200 plank about 10 - 15mm.

Surely that's just because the ruler wasn't lined up? maybe needed calibrating? half a degree of adjustment would have taken out that 10mm. The thumb button to set the angle, doesn't the Allen key head in the centre make fine adjustments?

D

Dumbo

Qqqq
Surely that's just because the ruler wasn't lined up? maybe needed calibrating? half a degree of adjustment would have taken out that 10mm. The thumb button to set the angle, doesn't the Allen key head in the centre make fine adjustments?
Also s plank doesn't have much against the bar to hold it steady

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No the bar gets pulled to the right, i think either the handle when made in the cast was not perfect or the wheel slot is not made right

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I agree with @jcrtiling , you get used to where the wheel lands after using it, just like how the right hand side of my measure bar cuts a couple mm bigger than the left, i just know how to account for it after using it daily.

Reply to Sigma max vs standard pull score,, or montolit in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks