Discuss Sigma kera cut issues in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys I bought the sigma kera cut in 2015 with everything that comes with it about £1800. reason for buying was cutting 1800mm stone , I thought it was cheaper than to buy riamondi wet saw and I could use later for large tiles .
Well on a few occasions I've been trying to cut 1500mm -2000mm x10mm tile and with the sigma breaker they just wont break clean . sigma claim they can cut up to 10mm thick but I would dispute that

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Funny thing is the shops that I work with seem to be popularizing the small tile back into fashion

O

One Day

Which breaker are you using with the 10mm. The old type hand plier is no good on anything above 6mm in my experience. You need the wind up breaker for 6mm to 20mm.

O

Old Mod

Some 10mm are extremely difficult to break on the length.
I get a higher success rate with two people with two breakers at same time, tightened slowly at same time.
It’s not the system, it’s the tile.
The Raimondi freecut struggles with the same tiles. (Make)

O

Old Mod

A plank tile?
You’re not asking too much of it with thin cuts are you?
Not trying to be clever, just curious.
Do you break one end and then go to the other and break again?
I think the best you could hope for is around
50-60mm Off cut.

Reply to Sigma kera cut issues in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks