Discuss Sigma 3EK or Sigma 3EM..? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

Going to be ordering a new Sigma cutter... 1200mm cutting capacity.. Not sure which to choose from the 2 models of the 3EK or the 3EM... i like the klick klock action but not used the maxi.... anyone got either cutter..? if so your thoughts.

G

Gazzer

Havent got that size Dave but I am not sold on the maxi....Its good but I prefer the standard handle, I havent had chance to try the Klick Klok either

W

White Room

I've got both,klick klock and Max, even though the Max has a stronger breaking power I find the Klick Klock seems to be a bit firmer when breaking the tile.
The cutting wheel on the max is far smoother but I need to get lower I feel to see where I'm cutting with the max.
Just my view though.

I

Ian

After seeing your video Dave I think the klick klock handle looks far superior to the max handle, I can't get on with mine at all. I'm going to swap the handles on my 3DM for a klick klock to see if it helps with my Sigma issues. My opinion of this cutter so far is not great but, will see if the handle change helps before I write it off completely. Hope this is of some use to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter

Not used the 3EM, but the 3EK is very capable and easy to use. Think Ed has both handles so should be able to advise on which is better.

S

Spud

I love my 3 Em it is fast and accurate but the handle height does need to be spot on for the tile you are using to get the best out of the max handle, the tile can be scored and snapped in one action once you are used to the max handle where as the click clock to me seems slower although I havent used the click clock my self

S

Spud

After seeing your video Dave I think the klick klock handle looks far superior to the max handle, I can't get on with mine at all. I'm going to swap the handles on my 3DM for a klick klock to see if it helps with my Sigma issues. My opinion of this cutter so far is not great but, will see if the handle change helps before I write it off completely. Hope this is of some use to you.
what problems are you encountering Bri ?

P

Peter

An ordinary pull handle might be better for you Bri. I don't see any need for the other style handles in any of the machines apart from the 128. The 93cm is still short enough for a standard pull handle IMO.

I

Ian

what problems are you encountering Bri ?

Just a few bad cuts Gary, tailing off even though the tile is fully scored and the odd cut splintering under the breaker. I've been using it on 60x60's the last couple of weeks as I had only done 80x80s prior to that, I'm sure it's just my technique but, some cuts are fine some are not, doesn't seem to be any consistency.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

S

Spud

Just a few bad cuts Gary, tailing off even though the tile is fully scored and the odd cut splintering under the breaker. I've been using it on 60x60's the last couple of weeks as I had only done 80x80s prior to that, I'm sure it's just my technique but, some cuts are fine some are not, doesn't seem to be any consistency.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone
have you tried to adjust the handle height /bar height? I have been really impressed with my machine but the point to point cutting Bri does take time to get used to if you have been a life long rubi user

I

Ian

have you tried to adjust the handle height /bar height? I have been really impressed with my machine but the point to point cutting Bri does take time to get used to if you have been a life long rubi user

Done a bit of tweaking to see if I can find the best cutting height/breaking point, just seems strange that some cuts are good and some aren't. I'm not giving in just yet! Also my locking pin for the cutting bar when pushed into zero (straight cut) is way out of square so it's a bit of a faff getting it square each day. I realised it was going to take a bit of getting used to after only using Rubi's but, I am starting to regret not getting a tx900 now. Anyway, I'm staying positive for now!

S

Spud

Done a bit of tweaking to see if I can find the best cutting height/breaking point, just seems strange that some cuts are good and some aren't. I'm not giving in just yet! Also my locking pin for the cutting bar when pushed into zero (straight cut) is way out of square so it's a bit of a faff getting it square each day. I realised it was going to take a bit of getting used to after only using Rubi's but, I am starting to regret not getting a tx900 now. Anyway, I'm staying positive for now!
it sounds faulty Bri, my machine has got a spring loaded push pin which when pressed locates the ruler bar into the correcet positon and then you bolt it into postion it is the most accurate machine I have ever used ,I think you should contact Sigma

I

Ian

it sounds faulty Bri, my machine has got a spring loaded push pin which when pressed locates the ruler bar into the correcet positon and then you bolt it into postion it is the most accurate machine I have ever used ,I think you should contact Sigma

Thats what mine has Gary, if I turn the bar upside down the push pin doesnt seem to be located in the centre if that makes sense, it seems like its machined wrong, so what should be 0 is maybe more like 2 degrees.

S

Spud

Thats what mine has Gary, if I turn the bar upside down the push pin doesnt seem to be located in the centre if that makes sense, it seems like its machined wrong, so what should be 0 is maybe more like 2 degrees.
it definitely sounds faulty mate, get on to them

Reply to Sigma 3EK or Sigma 3EM..? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks