Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Showerbath overhang in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

reven

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I'm renovating our very small bathroom and the most efficient and ergonomic solution means that a 1500 tub is installed.

We'd like to install a L-shaped tub as opposed to a P-shaped, but it means that the tub would overhang the (disproportionately) large window by about 3-4".

I have 2 options. The first is to have a custom screen made to cover the overhang and the second as suggested by one quoter is to put in a solid section of studwork that takes care of the overhang (which would over hang the window by the same about as the tub).

I had never considered the second option, but I have my doubts. Essentially it would be a 2x4 fixed on the inside of the window recess, flush with the inner wall. The entire wall would then covered with 20mm Marmox ensuring that the junction between the stud and the wall is covered by one complete piece of Marmox. It would all be tiled over and around to the window (which I imagine will be fiddly). The window is so big that even with the stud, it won't really impact the natural light.

Good idea or bad idea?

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm renovating our very small bathroom and the most efficient and ergonomic solution means that a 1500 tub is installed.

We'd like to install a L-shaped tub as opposed to a P-shaped, but it means that the tub would overhang the (disproportionately) large window by about 3-4".

I have 2 options. The first is to have a custom screen made to cover the overhang and the second as suggested by one quoter is to put in a solid section of studwork that takes care of the overhang (which would over hang the window by the same about as the tub).

I had never considered the second option, but I have my doubts. Essentially it would be a 2x4 fixed on the inside of the window recess, flush with the inner wall. The entire wall would then covered with 20mm Marmox ensuring that the junction between the stud and the wall is covered by one complete piece of Marmox. It would all be tiled over and around to the window (which I imagine will be fiddly). The window is so big that even with the stud, it won't really impact the natural light.

Good idea or bad idea?
Can you not turn the bath around

OP
R

reven

-
Reaction score
Can you not turn the bath around
It's what we currently have and it's a bit squashed.
Img 1 is the current layout and Img 2 is the proposed (I'm not 100% that the sink and toilet should be moved). The idea was to make it more ergonomic by
a) switching the tub orientation so it's easier to get in and out of and
b) moving the door opening and installing a pocket door so we have more usable floor space.

1.png
2.png

Reply to Showerbath overhang in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock