Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss shower tray plinth advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
just after a quick bit of advice.
I am planning to install a shower tray onto a tiled plinth in similar way to the image attached.
i haven't bought the tiles yet but i am about to build the plinth.
Question:Should i avoid strips of tile less than a certain width on the top edge?
I don't know if i will mitre the edges or use trim so i will take that into account.

Ant learned advice appreciated.

Regards
Neil davenport

plinth.jpg

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would say copy what you have posted if that what you really want bear in mind that you will have no access to the drainage once completed ?? a 25mm cut strip for the top edge , mitering hmmm bit of a risk on the old tootsies if you should slip mitred edges are quite Sharpe , trim it and water may find a way of getting behind the tile a few things to think about . Cheers kop

O

Old Mod

You could look around for a tile with a rounded edge if the plinth is going to be larger than the tray.
They do still exist.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
You could set the tiles plinth back flush with the tray.

B1CC9891-E81E-4867-9EEA-B8F18C73A93F.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for the helpful responses. Given me things to think about.
The reason for making plinth slightly larger than tray is it's in a shower/utility room and may be vulnerable to knocks/careless impacts and i'd rather have a damaged tile than a damaged tray if that makes any sense.
Anyway thank you again for the responses.

Cheers

Neil

Reply to shower tray plinth advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock