Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Shower seat with ufh in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everybody, Iv been a member for 3-4 years now but more of a watcher than a contributor. Now I need a bit of advise so apologies, I’m about to start a large bathroom with a walk in shower, I’ll be doing this with sheeting the walls with backer board and fully tanking the full room as I always do, advise from you would be grateful when it comes to the UFH the client has purchased enough for the seat that’s being fitted in the shower/steam room (it’s a backer board type with the rounded edges and back) it’s then being tiled with mosaics, I would like to screed over the uhf on the seat to give me a better surface to fit the mosaic what product would you advise. This is the first time in 20 odd years Iv been asked to tile on of these seat with UFH and would just like to hear your methods.... many thanks Geoff

D

Dumbo

Firstly when you say got enough ufh to do the seat is that going to be part of a larger cable / Matt system as I think you will find the ufh companies don't changing planes with their product, ie running ufh on the floor then up a wall , they would recommend 2 separate mats for this , I presume this is because of movement between 2 different surfaces could stress the cable, Secondly you are not doing that without skimming it over as otherwise you're trying to put mosaics on an uneven surface , absolute recipe for disaster , I would skim it a few times with rapid set until I was happy I had a nice smooth surface

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Skim it over with rapid day before.
[automerge]1579768957[/automerge]
@jcrtiling beat me to it. :)

OP
Geoff Thacker
Reaction score
Apologies for not explaining myself correctly (that’s why I don’t post much) There will be two mats supplied by prowarm one for seat and one for the floor.. my main question in the original post should have just said what would you use to scrim/screed over the seat once the mat had been fitted as Iv never fitted a mat on anything apart from a floor? thanks for your replies on using rapid as that’s what I was thinking but wasn’t sure if that could cause it’s own problems.... thanks G

D

Dumbo

Apologies for not explaining myself correctly (that’s why I don’t post much) There will be two mats supplied by prowarm one for seat and one for the floor.. my main question in the original post should have just said what would you use to scrim/screed over the seat once the mat had been fitted as Iv never fitted a mat on anything apart from a floor? thanks for your replies on using rapid as that’s what I was thinking but wasn’t sure if that could cause it’s own problems.... thanks G
Don't worry about explaining yourself properly , I'm from Wiltshire so got an excuse ,
Get involved

J

J Sid

I would use a loose wire ufh and screed over with rapid set.
Make sure you encapsulation the cold joint as I'm sure you know Geoff

Reply to Shower seat with ufh in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock