Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Shower room large tiles. Where too start in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Mhen

DIY Tiler
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I’m about to start a shower room job. I’m using 1200mm x200mm tiles vertically. So it will only be 2 high each row.

What’s the best way to start. If the tiles were smaller I would use a baton to get my level but wiith only 2 high, not sure the best way to start. Should I use a baton and put the top tile on first or should I try and get a level at floor level ( allowing for floor tiles) and do two at a time?

Any help would be appropriated

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi , run a level Datum line around the perimeter of your room, central ffrom floor to ceiling , then cut the first row to this datum line if that makes sense .. then continue with second row .

J

J Sid

Tile the floor first and if the same tile run the cut from the floor up the wall as if the wall is an extension of the floor

WP_20161126_14_21_12_Rich.jpg

OP
M

Mhen

DIY Tiler
Reaction score
that looks good but we are using different tiles and different size so wouldnt work. thanks for replying.
[automerge]1569932682[/automerge]
Hi , run a level Datum line around the perimeter of your room, central ffrom floor to ceiling , then cut the first row to this datum line if that makes sense .. then continue with second row .

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i know what you mean. Will give that method a go i think. saves me trying to get a level baton 15mm off the floor. Cheers

D

Dumbo

that looks good but we are using different tiles and different size so wouldnt work. thanks for replying.
[automerge]1569932682[/automerge]
Those tiles are similar to yours . They have been fixed with a random bond that is why they look different to yours. Your tiles could be fixed in the same manner.

J

J Sid

Lay a the floor first and level. Fix tiles to the wall, full tile of floor (pretend it's a batton).
If your ceiling is 2400 high its 2 full tiles, if less you will need to cut top tiles to ceiling line

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m about to start a shower room job. I’m using 1200mm x200mm tiles vertically. So it will only be 2 high each row.

What’s the best way to start. If the tiles were smaller I would use a baton to get my level but wiith only 2 high, not sure the best way to start. Should I use a baton and put the top tile on first or should I try and get a level at floor level ( allowing for floor tiles) and do two at a time?

Any help would be appropriated
Hi,
how i use a laser level to ping a line round,, if you dont have access to one, use a level and draw a line all the way round, if the floor is tiled after wall then you dont need to be so accurate with cuts, with in a few mm as floor will cover, hope this helps a little

Reply to Shower room large tiles. Where too start in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock