Discuss Should we be worried about these large companies going bust are near to. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

@Ajax123 - I’ve been self employed for 46 years and nothing in the EEC or Brexit has any influence on my income. I will go anywhere to find and do work and all I ask is to be paid - not 1 person is responsible for my family - but me.
I’ve had £38 in 46 years from a British government in subsidy.
So if that makes me a nutter then give me the crayons!
I never voted to join the EEC, the Common Market for trade yes, but not to be governed by Germans/French......etc.
The opportunity to take back control was offered and taken. Democracy needs to be seen.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The only way brexit is affecting anything or anybody is the way the government are just pissing about to make sure or try their dammed hardest not to leave .
Scaremongering at its finest

D

Dumbo

To be honest I think bojo will be prime minister and will take us through brexit then once that has settled down good or bad he will then get the push from his own party

O

On one

What we need is someone who is going to go to Brussels and say " right who effing wants some " and to be honest I'm not his greatest fan but bojo is probably closest we have to that .
When the year 2K arrived 'they' said the the world as we know it end. It didn't
When 'We' voted out, 'they' said the world as we know it would end. It didn't.
If we leave the EU in a no deal 'they' say the world as we know it will end. It won't.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Whooaaa guys... I'm on your side. Brexit or the lack thereof is affecting us all indirectly. It has caused uncertainty over investment in infrastructure and construction. That's a fact. If the tossers in the big house got on with making a decision either way the uncertainty would stop and things would move forward. I agree we voted leave, myself included, it should be simple... leave but they made it over complicated and we're still here....

O

One Day

Well if you remember, Joe Simpson (the TSJ Editor) said (in not quite these words...) that you're all too stupid and should never have been allowed to vote for something that you cannot possibly understand, you great bunch of unwashed, uneducated knuckle-draggers!

(Sarcasm) ;)

D

Dumbo

Well if you remember, Joe Simpson (the TSJ Editor) said (in not quite these words...) that you're all too stupid and should never have been allowed to vote for something that you cannot possibly understand, you great bunch of unwashed, uneducated knuckle-draggers!

(Sarcasm) ;)
Tbh I feel as a member if the general public I am uniquely unqualified to make decisions about our economy and global positioning . My view we should never have a referendum for anything .

O

One Day

Tbh I feel as a member if the general public I am uniquely unqualified to make decisions about our economy and global positioning . My view we should never have a referendum for anything .

I think we should have a referendum on referendums.

O

On one

I believe quite the opposite. We have had decades of a philandering,lying,bs******g bunch of criminals at Westminster going back on promise after promise.
The British public were asked to vote on a simple In or Out question and Westminster has not carried the British public's wish's and it has just further compounded my and many millions of other voters views of what a bunch of self serving bunch of toads they are.

D

Dumbo

I believe quite the opposite. We have had decades of a philandering,lying,bs******g bunch of criminals at Westminster going back on promise after promise.
The British public were asked to vote on a simple In or Out question and Westminster has not carried the British public's wish's and it has just further compounded my and many millions of other voters views of what a bunch of self serving bunch of toads they are.
You are right about the politicians but what do you know about European and world trade treaties . I maybe wrong, maybe you do have a degree in economics

O

On one

I do believe that when 27 other EU countries can themselves agree to what they wanted from the UK in a deal in a comparative blink of the eye, it must have been a very good deal for the EU.

D

Dumbo

I do believe that when 27 other EU countries can themselves agree to what they wanted from the UK in a deal in a comparative blink of the eye, it must have been a very good deal for the EU.
Youre not wrong . But i still dont think that average british person with their grasp on world economics is qualified to vote on such a thing .

Reply to Should we be worried about these large companies going bust are near to. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks