Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Should the uk tiling trade be licenced...? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Should we be a licenced trade......it is in other countries but not the uk...

A simple yes or no.......will suffice........but if you would like to air your views then do so.......but not general chit chat please.....

p.s. poll is none public , so all votes are private....we just want to see what the majority think..

OP
O

oldgit

i would never join.unless it was FREE and paid for by bal mapei etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Prem Tiler

this is a topic that gets brought up alllll the time on the window cleaners forum i frequent reason being is they have done so in Scotland.

I say no because I see the government milking hard worker's and there will still be loads of cowboys working without one because some people will employ them just to get a cheep job done

OP
V

village tiling

it wouldhave to be strictly regulated or it would just turn into a money making fad and a complete waste of time

OP
D

DHTiling

i would never join.unless it was FREE and paid for by bal mapei etc etc

why do you think that an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ manufacturer should pay for it.....?

i wouldn't want that.....

OP
B

BDS

If it makes us 110% accountable for/to our trade/skills/customers then bring it on i say,where do i sign.

OP
D

Daz

I vote yes. But......a value would need to be added to the licence, i.e. an insurance scheme for customer against a bad job, guaranteed quality of work etc.

That way a licenced tiler could charge a premium for a premium quality job, and recoup the licence fee quickly.

I think tile shops would be interested in a licencing scheme as it would mean that they could take some confidence in the tilers that they are recommending.

OP
O

oldgit

why do you think that an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ manufacturer should pay for it.....?

i wouldn't want that.....
because if they all chipped in it would be without a single one of them backing a government based scheme they have the people in place to educate and test people and it would not have to be a money making project,but in return they would all get exposure,i would also have top end tile manufacturer's in as well.
there would also be one set of rules ie pva not pva type arguments there would be a standard we could all understand.

OP
D

DHTiling

I don't think an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ company would be good.......it would be too much about there products etc...

Needs to be another way......what ..?.. lets see what others say.....

OP
O

oldgit

it would need to be someone that is not interested in making money directly from tiler the way corgi has,who have lost there license just recently.
it wont never happen imo.

Reply to Should the uk tiling trade be licenced...? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock