Discuss Should I use Epoxy Grout or Not? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Myatix

Hi All,
I am considering using epoxy grout in my new bathroom, is it worth the extra cost and how hard is it to work with?

I have heard that it is good at withstanding mildew and limescale?

M

MTiler

Its a bit over kill for a domestic bathroom but if you want to pay for it its up to you. The easiest to work with is Kerakolls Fugalite very user friendly. Epoxy is practically bomb proof lol. Always wear nitrile gloves, its nasty stuff.

Reaction score
A standard flexible grout should be more than sufficient for a domestic bathroom. They all contain fancy "anti fungal" "anti mould" chemicals now to make cleaning easier. As with everything good ventilation is key! Most of my tilers cry whenever you mention the word "epoxy". Good Luck!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The member has gone now. I'll keep the thread going as it might help others but the OP won't be replying. He was a link builder employed by a UFH firm to gain links to their website.

T

tilerdave

We used it for a customer as they wanted glitter grout, keraproxy stuff, 30m2 of floor, we won't use it again, you have to buy the cleaner for it too to get excess up, we used a credit card to scrape up the excess then spray on cleaner, with the glitter and the resin sticking to everything you find you have to buy all new stuff that it's been in contact with as your next customer wouldn't appreciate glitter in any of their bathroom/kitchen. Just my opinion

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We used it for a customer as they wanted glitter grout, keraproxy stuff, 30m2 of floor, we won't use it again, you have to buy the cleaner for it too to get excess up, we used a credit card to scrape up the excess then spray on cleaner, with the glitter and the resin sticking to everything you find you have to buy all new stuff that it's been in contact with as your next customer wouldn't appreciate glitter in any of their bathroom/kitchen. Just my opinion
That's fairly standard I think with all epoxy unless it has change since I last used it. You're meant to use a stiff epoxy float, then emulsifying pads (white so colour doesn't seep) to break it down then a sponge. The pads and sponges go in the bin they can't be rescued.

You can use a couple to stop drills and things sliding around shelving in the van or something. That's about it lol

Reaction score
Allways epoxy for me ...I know a few tilers now who will just do the grouting for customers where their so called tiler has refused to use it?? Kerakoll fugalite and Mapei kerapoxy design I find lovely to use

Reply to Should I use Epoxy Grout or Not? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks