Discuss Should I be concerned about the hairline fractures in my tile? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello all.

I removed an old shower rail recently and placed a new one on. A couple of days after removing the old rawplugs I noticed some hairline fractures stemming from the holes which hosted the rawplugs. I obviously sealed the holes up with silicone sealant immediately after removing the rawplugs.

Should I be concerned about these hairline fractures? Are they superficial or structural? Are they aesthetic deficiencies or structural urgencies that need to be rectified?

I have noticed that there are identical fractures in or around other tiles and they have been like that for years without further complication. You can only really see them if you shine a bright light on them.

I have attached attached two pictures: one of the hairline fracture coming out under the silicone sealant that seals the electric shower and the other picture showing the fractures I refer to in my question.

Let me know what you all think.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 6ED03A88-D205-4C8A-97F5-21CF9B38A683.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DB5DED9C-5DB2-461D-A310-F6AE9E9AE3DC.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 38
J

J Sid

I'd give it a wipe over with lithofin stain stop as IMHO moisture will get though over time, especially in a wet area

Reply to Should I be concerned about the hairline fractures in my tile? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks