Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Setting up a tiling business at 28? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

RMc91

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
i am currently in the process of leaving the Royal Navy and I am very interested in learning to tile and setting up my own business eventually... only problem is, I am 28 so don’t know if I am too old to learn a new trade. tile interests me because I feel I have good attention to detail and like working with my hands, could anyone give me any advice on wether or not I should go for it and if it is a good business to get into? Thanks.

OP
R

RMc91

-
Reaction score
Thanks, would an 8 week course be enough time for me to be able to jump straight in at the deep end? Also, I know it’s not about the money, but could I make a comfortable living from it? How much could I roughly earn in the north of England ?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
There’s a thread on here about earnings, should make for good reading.

OP
R

RMc91

-
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll have a look
[automerge]1578518990[/automerge]
I was knocking 40 when I got into it. 😥
Hope for me yet then 😂
[automerge]1578519380[/automerge]
I can’t find it mate, do you have a link ?
[automerge]1578520958[/automerge]
As for start up costs and overheads, how much will I need to set up ?

Last edited:

Reply to Setting up a tiling business at 28? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock