Discuss Self teaching in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Gbear1

-
Reaction score
Have just been told that I'm being made redundant at end of year and want to get into a trade. Something where I can pick my own hours and can teach my kids the trade. Don't really have the money or time to be going on big courses and was wondering how possible it is to self teach with tiling using things like forums and YouTube and just practing at home and family homes?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you loosing your job, it is possible to self teach yourself any new skill. And there is so much instructional information and videos out there. Just depends on how well you can pick up practical skills. Would say find someone to work with/labour for to learn the basics. Always focus on getting the right finish, use the right materials and don't worry about speed to begin with. Sometimes the best way to learn is to just get hand's on and go for it. Good luck 🤞 👍

Rae

-
Reaction score
Try and go with a tiler a few days aweek ,thats what i did while i was doing tiling at college,it was great experience learning from him ,good luck

Reply to Self teaching in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks