Discuss Self promotion. As any tiler will know its no good advertising to yourself! You.... in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

As any tiler will know you cant just advertise to yourself. You gotta get out there and
ground pound the streets looking for work.

Its the same with us. We cant just sit in the office all day drinking coffee.
We have to promote PORSADRILL to retailers etc.

So when the Vistaprint offer of a FREE mug came through it was worth a cheeky peek.
Of course they dont expect any company to order ONE mug right?
Its just a ruse to get you to look at their site and put an order in for more than one mug.
After all whats the point of having ONE promotional mug for your company.

Cue the company check book and yes you guessed it. 365Drills has bought ONE MUG only!! *

300218_10150248173987014_617362013_7462579_622770_n.jpg

So here is the marketing tool of all time..... ONE SINGLE MUG promoting the company 365Drills

298245_10150248172967014_617362013_7462578_5700622_n.jpg

And here it is in full use for the first time!

What vistaprint didnt count on was that we are a bit stingy with our marketing budget so we took them up with their offer.

Now we just need to decide what to do with it.

Maybe we will donate it to this forum and its "Tiler of the month award"....

Or maybe its just too valuable for that !!!

226003_10150234118312014_617362013_7315061_4331848_n.jpg

Perhaps it will be displayed in the back window of the delivery fleet.

kit2.jpg

But until we decide then its thank you vistaprint for our free mug !

*The mug was free but we had to pay £2.99 postage and packing

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Self promotion. As any tiler will know its no good advertising to yourself! You

I was going to say then, I thought it costs more than the price to buy one to get the damn thing delivered. :lol:

Fair play though, you might be able to get them a pound each locally but you do need to buy dozens.

I had a "free" fridge magnet business card once and as it's not the lightest thing, delivery for that was worth more than buying half a dozen locally.

Always worth checking local firms and what they're doing them for.

Though handy to get the freebies if you're already placing an order with them I suppose.

M

mikethetile

Re: Self promotion. As any tiler will know its no good advertising to yourself! You

I do the same as you Richard but I havent sent off for the mug, I find the yard signs usefull are sent free plus postage so a sign that would cost me over 50 sobs cost less than twenty so it doesnt matter if it gets pinched or damaged, pens are handy to leave about on suitable jobs and they come free

are we gauranteed that this is the only 365 mug in existance or will its rarity value be diluted by future editions

D

Deleted member 1779

I guess they just expect people to order more than one. I have looked at the cost of doing this in the past but its about £3 a mug and a minimum order of 100 pieces.
Not sure we would get back the cost of the £300 outlay. Far better for vanity reasons to just get the free one!
Now I know I work for 365Drills. Perhaps I will take it to the factory with me tonight for my 10pm coffee break!!
are we gauranteed that this is the only 365 mug in existance or will its rarity value be diluted by future editions

I am now worried about cheap copies appearing on Ebay!!
Maybe I should sign it... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Self promotion. As any tiler will know its no good advertising to yourself! You.... in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks