Discuss Self Levelling Compound Over Old Vinyl Adhesive in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

kiteboy

TF
Reactions
Hi all

Ive take up really old vinyl floor tiles that were here when we moved in (in the kitchen) - god knows how long theyve been there.

The tile came up ok but left a glue type substance on the the original tile underneath from when the house was built im guessing

I need to level the floor with a self leveler but not sure what would stick to this hard type glue - its impossible to get off really

We are then planning to tile directly on the levelled floor

I have had a look around of whats out there and it looks like the mapei latex 2 part stuff may do it but wanted to check if theres anything better out there really - we only have a very small utility type room to do and at most we need a depth of about 8mm at one end

Thanks for any advise - first post!

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
B

Blunt Tool

You must be logged in to see the message.

Glynn

TF
Reactions
197 1
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Self Levelling Compound Over Old Vinyl Adhesive in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.