Discuss Self level or not? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm doing a bathroom floor over existing floorboards. I'm also adding a 1.5 sq m electric heating mat before tiling with 30 x 30 granite tiles. I'm applying thermal board which I'm sticking with adhesive. Been told don't need screws or tape as adhesive will do. My dilemma is whether I then self level or just tile directly onto the matting? If I don't level think I will struggle with my levels across the floor. If I do use self leveller first, how do I make sure it doesn't flow through the holes left accessible for pipework coming out of the floor? Should I batten small areas around ? I've used self leveller before but only on ground floor solid floors
Any advice thoroughly welcome. Thanks,
Nick

Reaction score
Hi Dave, if you're there??!!!
Ready to apply self leveller onto thermal insulation board. Heated mat in place. Should I prime the thermal board first or just apply the slc straight?
Thanks

Reaction score
Final question - hopefully! 30cm square polished granite tiles. Going on top of slc and heated floor. What size notch trowel for this. Would normally go with 12mm aware notch. Too much??

Reply to Self level or not? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks