Electric UFH Self level or not?

Discuss Self level or not? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

R

Regis Quality Tiling

TF
Reactions
Hi everyone. I'm doing a bathroom floor over existing floorboards. I'm also adding a 1.5 sq m electric heating mat before tiling with 30 x 30 granite tiles. I'm applying thermal board which I'm sticking with adhesive. Been told don't need screws or tape as adhesive will do. My dilemma is whether I then self level or just tile directly onto the matting? If I don't level think I will struggle with my levels across the floor. If I do use self leveller first, how do I make sure it doesn't flow through the holes left accessible for pipework coming out of the floor? Should I batten small areas around ? I've used self leveller before but only on ground floor solid floors
Any advice thoroughly welcome. Thanks,
Nick

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
2,191 1
The boards need fixings as well on a timber floor. Screws and washers. 👍 and i always slc over ufh.

R

Regis Quality Tiling

TF
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The boards need fixings as well on a timber floor. Screws and washers. 👍 and i always slc over ufh.
Thanks. Instructions from Deltaboard and shop (Tileflair) both say adhesive sufficient but think will take your advice.

R

Regis Quality Tiling

TF
Reactions
The slc encapsulates it much better.
No sorry - meant applying the thermal board onto the floorboards.
I def will be applying an slc. Thanks.

R

Regis Quality Tiling

TF
Reactions
Ah ok. I personally wouldn’t without fixings.
Thanks. I've bought some so will use them as a belt and braces solution. Thanks for the help.

R

Regis Quality Tiling

TF
Reactions
Hi Dave, if you're there??!!!
Ready to apply self leveller onto thermal insulation board. Heated mat in place. Should I prime the thermal board first or just apply the slc straight?
Thanks

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
2,191 1
Hi Dave, if you're there??!!!
Ready to apply self leveller onto thermal insulation board. Heated mat in place. Should I prime the thermal board first or just apply the slc straight?
Thanks
It won’t hurt no , especially if the boards are dusty and the ufh mat isn’t particularly sticky.

Reply to Self level or not? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.