Discuss self adhesive vinyl tiles advice in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I've bought self adhesive vinyl tiles for my currently carpeted dining room. How should I prepare the floor to lay them?
Is 6mm ply the best thing to lay them on after taking up the carpet? Should I buy the ply in sections? It is not a big room, about 10m2.
There are pretty scruffy floorboards under the carpet so I definitely need a different surface. Is this easy to do myself? I have no Diy experience or should I get someone in?
Thanks

G

Gazzer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone may know but we are mainly ceramic and stone tilers.

D

dave l and l

i recently fitted them for myself, i am not saying its right but i used 6mm ply then cleaned and bonded with pva to help improve adhesion. its been down for a couple of months and all is good. i bought the tiles online and they were a decent quality, some of the cheaper ones do not bond as well

M

Martino

I did a job last year with these and on the packet it reccomended to fix them to 6mm ply that had been p.v.a'd....just like what dave said above....cheap self adhesive tiles wont last though imo there abit naff

kilty55

kilty55

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
6mm ply will no doubt suffice imo

Reply to self adhesive vinyl tiles advice in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.