Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Seems like a decent guy . in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
All of a sudden I found myself unable to log on to another platform . As i am not the greatest in the tech world I didnt know if i had a tech issue or was blocked . So anyway messaged two of the mods and was totally ignored i then contacted gary walsh who i believe is @GaryTheTiler who not only responded but said he would look into it. He got back to say I had been excluded by another mod for negativity and because my Facebook had little content they thought it was a fake account of someone who had been booted in the past (funny thing is if this person knew me they would know i struggle with a real account let alone covering my tracks to make a fake account ) As i explained to Gary when people like bal come on and try and convince the UK they have just invented flexbone I am going to call them out . Anyway upshot is Gary has offered to reinstate me and at time of writing I haven't taken him up on but I would just like to thank him publicly on the only platform I can of the time and effort he put in this last night .
Thanks Gary I appreciate everything you did last night .
Jerry

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

@GaryTheTiler IS a good bloke!
Many years ago I had contact ref a geometric job which unfortunately didn’t happen. But he’s the first to compliment and help whenever possible.
As for the other platform - the language puts me off even reading the input!

OP
Q

Qwerty

Gary is a great guy. Never met him in person but he is a true gent.

I won't pass comment on the other platform/ group other than as a moderator on said group, Gary does a fantastic job. I know exactly how hard it is to do the role and all for the love of the trade.

OP
D

Dumbo

So to any body that may be interested I've told @GaryTheTiler I won't be taking him up on his very kind offer of reinstatement although I did say I would miss seeing his work and also the likes is isa celik and Steve wagie .
But to be fair he said it is an open offer .
So I say thanks again.

OP
H

hmtiling

So to any body that may be interested I've told @GaryTheTiler I won't be taking him up on his very kind offer of reinstatement although I did say I would miss seeing his work and also the likes is isa celik and Steve wagie .
But to be fair he said it is an open offer .
So I say thanks again.
Who booted you Jerry? And for negetivety towards bal? Some of the stuff posted there is outrageous and they don't get kicked off. Some sucking up to bal methinks

OP
D

Dumbo

I'm not saying it was bal I used them as an example I was accused of negativity so I pointed that I would call someone like bal out . My Facebook was then checked and then because it didn't give my life story and enough information for a scammer to set up a false bank account in my name it was deemed as a fake profile of possibly someone who was booted in the past . What got me I wasn't asked about any thing I wasn't even told I'd been booted . I've decided not to go back on as I explained to Gary for the reason I got kicked off i wouldnt know how to behave not to and would always be second guessing what someone might think about what I was writing as i don't think I did any thing bad .

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
W

WetSaw

I left that group because 95% seem to be Xxxxxxts, as most of FB is. Shame because, as you say, there are a few really talented guys on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Seems like a decent guy . in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock