Discuss Sealing the front and back of Limestone tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

vman

-
Reaction score
Hi ,

I am about to start my tiling project, it's quite large at 60m2.
I have underfloor heating that I put in 6 months ago and concrete has been down this time to and heated up so all good.
Anyway I have large module Limetone floor tiles (900x600).
I have bought Durabase membrane roll and Mapei Keraquick Tile Adhesive White - 20kg. After speaking to a friend who tiles he said seal the front and the back of the tiles before laying (Lithofin MN Stain Stop Natural Stone Impregnator & Sealer).
Is this overkill or a good idea!?
Is Mapei Keraquick Tile Adhesive White recommended for stone, it looks like it should do the job after researching?
Also can someone recommend grout spacing to leave, they are tumbled so slightly rustic!?

Couple of pictures
Thanks
Rob

20201204_130527 (Medium).jpg

20201204_130533 (Medium).jpg

vman

-
Reaction score
Would you think 5mm spacing would be about right for these?
[automerge]1607092106[/automerge]
Looks like CTD do pots of 4mm so maybe that.?

Reaction score
I literally came here to ask this same question, i have the exact same tiles to the same measurements. When are you installing yours?

Think i am going to do 4mm tile spacers also because thats the biggest i can find with the tile leveling wedges.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another question ive just thought of actually do you know what grout you will use on these or does anybody know some to recommend? Cheers

vman

-
Reaction score
Another question ive just thought of actually do you know what grout you will use on these or does anybody know some to recommend? Cheers
I bought some grout from the tile importer. It's there own make.
It says it is Flexible, water repellent, suitable for natural stone etc oh and it's beige!
Hoping to get started xmas holidays.

Spacing seems to a personal preference , the tile shop lads said 3mm, the showroom I bought the tiles from said 8mm! The showroom said the larger size was due to the tumbled edges. I didn't buy any as I still haven't decided....

Reply to Sealing the front and back of Limestone tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks