Discuss sealing/tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi im about to fit a shower over bath and so im tiling that area and also the whole bathroom
ive removed existing tiles around the bath
i will use acrylic primer everywhere on all walls before tileing but ive got ACQUASHILD READY tanking liquid to use in the bath area
do i apply this to the walls around the bath before i fit the bath?[past the bath line] as it says on the tub that tape is not needed and then once the bath is in should i silicon the bath to wall joint?
sorry if this question sounds daft but i want to get it right thanks george

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
hi im about to fit a shower over bath and so im tiling that area and also the whole bathroom
ive removed existing tiles around the bath
i will use acrylic primer everywhere on all walls before tileing but ive got ACQUASHILD READY tanking liquid to use in the bath area
do i apply this to the walls around the bath before i fit the bath?[past the bath line] as it says on the tub that tape is not needed and then once the bath is in should i silicon the bath to wall joint?
sorry if this question sounds daft but i want to get it right thanks george
If you have the option to tank the walls prior to fitting the bath then I would đź‘Ť

Reaction score
I would attach timber battens to every wall where the bath will meet, at the bottom of the bath lip, obviously making sure you've got the correct position and level etc.

Then when your going to fit the bath, a nice big line of gripfil or pink grip along the battens so the bath squidges into them, once that has gone off I would fill and gaps with a good silicone sealant, tooling off the top nice and flat ready for the tiles.

Reply to sealing/tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks