Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sealing plasterboard/moisture resistant board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I once worked with a tiler. Who when tile straight to plasterboard he would seal it as he said if any moisture got behind the tiles the paper could come off the front of the boards obviously effecting the tiles. Is this true? He used to seal it with I'm sure PVA, though I've heard this shouldn't be used. If it needs sealing what is best to use? Thanks

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You don't need to seal plasterboard unless it's in wet areas where's then you should be tanking the plasterboard before tile.i personally seal plasterboard in non wet areas all the time (SBR/water -1-4)

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks it's for a area that is plasterboarded with moisture resistant board but is having plastic paneling stuck too it. Do I still need to prime?

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks it's for a area that is plasterboarded with moisture resistant board but is having plastic paneling stuck too it. Do I still need to prime?
I don't install panelling but if I was going to I would probably give a few coats of 1 SBR/ 4 water on the boards first

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
You don't need to seal plasterboard unless it's in wet areas where's then you should be tanking the plasterboard before tile.i personally seal plasterboard in non wet areas all the time (SBR/water -1-4)
You shouldn't really tile with most tiles onto plasterboard full stop as it's not strong enough to hold the weight

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As long as the pb isn't skimmed it will hold most tiles except for possibly 10mm porc and above or natural stone

Reply to Sealing plasterboard/moisture resistant board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock