Discuss Sealing grout in Shower Walls in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

satman

Hi and first, thanks for the welcome in my other, first post.
I have just re plumbed and tiled a 70's shower enclosure to tie in with the rest of the room which was updated a few years ago..The 8" tiles I fitted seem to made of a red clay type of stuff then glazed except for the 2mm deep groves which sub divide them into 100 mosaices and these groves are very porus
The instructions that are on the box say to grout over everything after fitting but my concern is that water may seep through!
I have bought Norcros fine texture wall tile grout and wondered if I should use any sealer and if so ,what type and should I apply it before or after grouting or both?
In hindsite these were probably not a good choice of tile but they do tie in nicely with the old ones.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
14092010869-1.jpg

dave
Edit: Oh! I have grouted between the tiles so to even out drying times when i do the lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tiler Dom

hi,
they will be fine if you grout them. the only thing i would of suggested would be that if it was a very high use shower that you'd tanked the wall behind the tiles first.

I have tiled these in a shower before when customer did not want to pay extra for the tanking and they where fine.

hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Reply to Sealing grout in Shower Walls in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks