Discuss Screwing radiator/furniture brackets on textured tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all

About to hang a radiator and wall hung furniture. The large format tiles are textured (Porcelanosa Park Lineal Acer) where the brackets need to be. The radiator bracket is actually a 2cm x 3cm steel bock which screws to the wall. I'm very nervous that I'll crack the tiles, or the weight of the rad will, as there is point pressure on a raised bit of texture. I've widened the drill hole at the bottom hoping the vertical weight will be taken on the screw and avoid putting vertical pressure on the tile.
The furniture bracket is 10cm square so I'm less worried.

Is there a technique for hanging heavy stuff on textured tiles? Or shouldn't I be worried?!

thanks
Dave

Reaction score
The screws on plugs should go through the tiles and into the substrate , then the tiles are not taking the weight.

Thanks Dave. Thought so. I also used "corefix" plugs even though there is no cavity so the screws stay nice and straight with all the strain in the brick wall.
I've just hung the rad, and it seems nice and sturdy.

cheers
Dave

PS - its been a massive undertaking for a DIY'er to fully wetroom + tile a bathroom - could not have done it without finding so much info & tips in these forums. Big thanks to everyone.
But I'll be getting a pro for my other bathroom ;-) I've decided tiling is not for me!

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Thought so. I also used "corefix" plugs even though there is no cavity so the screws stay nice and straight with all the strain in the brick wall.
I've just hung the rad, and it seems nice and sturdy.

cheers
Dave

PS - its been a massive undertaking for a DIY'er to fully wetroom + tile a bathroom - could not have done it without finding so much info & tips in these forums. Big thanks to everyone.
But I'll be getting a pro for my other bathroom ;-) I've decided tiling is not for me!
No probs đź‘Ť

Reply to Screwing radiator/furniture brackets on textured tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks