Discuss Scratch marks on black ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dodeslad

Hi there - can anyone help?

Is there anything I can do to get rid of numerous scratch marks on newly-laid polished black tiles (bevilled edge brick ceramic from Wickes) on kitchen wall, please? They've appeared after the grouting (Buildfix black flexible wall & floor grout) was applied.

G

grumpygrouter

If they are glazed ceramic then not a lot you can do I'm afraid apart from change them or try to disguise it somehow. Did the grout scratch them?

D

Dodeslad

Thanks for the reply, grumpygrouter. It seems to have done - too abrasive perhaps?

G

grumpygrouter

Yes probably. If it doubles as a floor grout it may well have had sand in it as a filler and this is what will have scratched.

Reaction score
Had that problem two weeks ago with a splashy behind an AGA. Gloss black and Mapei Colourfast anthracite. Had to strip off and redo using FF. This also scratched slightly on the off-wall test so I had to do it by hand and clean off very carefully with a new sponge and very soft towel. Still not absolutely perfect when the under-unit lights were on but it was fine.

Lesson learned.

D

DHTiling

Re: Hi there - can anyone help?

Welcome..

The grout you used was to coarse for the high gloss glazed tiles... they are scratched now.. so it will be either leave them as they are or replace the ones affected and use a finer grout..

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
what a shame no dount the sand in the mix.......watch out for chrome trims getting fine scratching also from some grouts

pci is a good veryyyyy smooth one that will not scratch just for future referance

Reply to Scratch marks on black ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks