Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Safety handle for bath in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
we have a shower unit over the bath and so I need to fit a grab handle so that I can get in and out of the bath safely. I can’t fit a suction handle because tiles are small and so the surface is not smooth.
i dont want to drill the tiles, so what are my options? Could I glue a round tile to the existing surface?

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Personally for me the only secure way is to screw it to the wall. If you glue it to the tiles there is a chance you could pull the tiles off the wall if they are not fix properly. You have to think that if an adult fell in the bath and tried to use it to pull themselves up you could have 10 stone or more pulling on it.

Reaction score
I would not use a glue, you are going to apply pressure on that handle, and who knows how big this pressure is going to be. Screws are going to keep it fixated for a way longer time and as for me, screws are much safer for this kind project

Reply to Safety handle for bath in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock