Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Safari and frustration with forum in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I often use an iPad to view and post on the Forums. In the last few weeks I find that whenever I exit a thread or post, I get logged out.

Upvote 0
O

Old Mod

I don't use Apple stuff but on the login page is there the "keep me logged in" box to tick?
Yes Paul, but even with it not checked, shouldn't sign you out.
Sure there's a time out period first.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I often use an iPad to view and post on the Forums. In the last few weeks I find that whenever I exit a thread or post, I get logged out.
that's a cookie issue.

Login then immediately click log out. That clears your damaged cookie. Then close your browser fully. Then log back in and it'll be fine.

OP
A

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
that's a cookie issue.

Login then immediately click log out. That clears your damaged cookie. Then close your browser fully. Then log back in and it'll be fine.
This is the advice that finally worked for me. Thanks Dan. I guess if you want tile advice - ask a tiler. If you want computer advice - don't!! ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the advice that finally worked for me. Thanks Dan. I guess if you want tile advice - ask a tiler. If you want computer advice - don't!! ;)
Even I get logged out constantly from my forums with this one lol - Quite common on forums you login to a lot. The cookie tries to save over the top of an existing one and just screws it up. If you click log out you get a message saying "all cookies have been cleared" or whatever, then when you log back in you get a fresh new cookie that's not damaged so the forum will remember you.

If I want tile advice, I know where to come now you owe me one eh :D

Reply to Safari and frustration with forum in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock