Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Running the business in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

DRK

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
What's your tile question? Pictures can be added.
Hi all
Not sure if I’ve posted this question in the correct category as it’s not a tile question, but it is a question for all you other tilers out there
What if any systems are you using to run your business
In particular I’m wondering if there’s any apps or programs that would help me to be more efficient on the business side of things like putting together quotes
invoicing,inventory,time management
I fit bathrooms wetrooms and the occasional kitchen and have a team of 4 plus subcontract out for electrical work,some painting work and plastering
Ideally if I could get something that would work from my IPad all the better
What do you guys do?

Reaction score
Bit of an unkind reply.

I used Xero for a bit but my business wasn't that advanced and I ended up subbing for a little while so I didn't have much call to use the estimating function or the bank feeds. Then the pandemic hit so I cancelled my subscription. I'm definitely going to get another app but not sure which one yet. Any opinions on the merits/faults of the different competitors would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rebecca.

OP
D

DRK

-
Reaction score
Bit of an unkind reply.

I used Xero for a bit but my business wasn't that advanced and I ended up subbing for a little while so I didn't have much call to use the estimating function or the bank feeds. Then the pandemic hit so I cancelled my subscription. I'm definitely going to get another app but not sure which one yet. Any opinions on the merits/faults of the different competitors would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rebecca.
Thanks Rebecca
I agree about the unkind reply
Thats why I didn’t bother replying to Benchwarmer

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bit of an unkind reply.

Thanks, Rebecca.

Thanks Rebecca
I agree about the unkind reply
Thats why I didn’t bother replying to Benchwarmer

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I started using Xero when we set up our new company 2 years ago. We have an accountant and a bookkeeper also. I decided to learn Xero to give me a better understanding of how our accounts work and be in a stronger position if our numbers grow. After going VAT registered it was even more important I believe. Our invoices and quotes look so much more professional and along with some branding your company looks more professional too. My partner can use the app for his receipts etc and I can access quotes and invoices anytime from my phone. I've come across some poor accountants who can land you in a right mess so you'd have to be a bit of a divvy to put all your trust in them.

Reply to Running the business in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock