Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rubi Wet Saw Not Cutting Straight in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone,

I've got a rubi dw 200 lp wet saw with a Marxist blade for cutting marble and granite. I've tried to cut a stone tile which is 500mm by 500mm but the saw does not cut in a straight line. I'll be very grateful if someone can advise me on this.

OP
D

DHTiling

The thinner blades can bend slightly as you pull them through the stone and give the appearance that the saw is cutting off line when it is infact jst the flexing of the balde....this can be due to a couple of factors....from to little water causing the blade to heat up and also pulling the saw through too quickly can cause stress and the blade to wander off line...

If you can rule these out then you need to check if the back guide rail is square..

OP
P

paul50

hi dave, thank you for the reply. When using the saw I put the pump in a full bucket of water and I proceeded to cut the tile slowley but it still did not cut straight. I also made sure that the tile was square against the guide. Do you have anymore suggestions please.

OP
G

Gazzer

I had the same problem with my Rubi 250n. In the end i gave up, i tried different wheels with no success,,,,yes the different wheel cut better but still wandered off line. No matter how gently i pulled the wheel through it would wobble at a certain point.
I thought that maybe the rail was damaged so i had a look and the motor felt smooth as it was pulled through when not cutting. I couldnt find any damage anywhere. This was when cutting Travertine.
When i wanted to mitre some 600 x 300 Porcelain it would take the mitre off and leave the off cut perfect.
Sold the Rubi and bought a Dewalt now.

OP
D

DHTiling

You need to put a sqaure against the back fence...say a 16 inch or 24 inch one...then pull the saw blade so that it lines up witht he squares tip...then pull the saw through and see if it keeps in line with the sqaure..if it does then it is the blade being to thin for this type of saw or not enough cooling of the blade..

I have a dw250n and it cuts straight as a die.....only wander is if my apprentice pulls to hard on the cut...

Another thing to check is wear on the nylon guide wheels...these will wear in time.. and very easy and cheap to replace..Tradetiler sells them..:thumbsup:

OP
P

paul50

thanks guys for the valuable information. I think it could be the nylon runners which Dave mentioned. As I move the wheel up and down I can see the whole thing wobbling so I hope this will solve my problem as I've just bought a new pump and marxcist blade and don't really want to sell it as I've just started to tile my flat.

OP
G

grumpygrouter

I have the same problem with my DW250n with Marcrist blade. I will be using a standard rubi blade this week to cut some 600mm slate...will let you know how it goes!

beanz

TF
Reaction score
My mate has a Rubi bridge cutter (no idea what model to be honest) and it doesn't cut straight either. You end up having to try to adjust the tile as it cuts. On a 400mm tile it wanders out by about 3mm/4mm. When you think how much these cutters cost....... :yikes:

OP
C

Colin Richardson

For anyone else who has this issue with a 200 series gantry saw in the future: check to see if your blade is actually parallel to the track. I found that my blade had a 1.2mm discrepancy between the front of the blade and the back in relation to the track's path. The easiest way to correct this that I could find was to shim (0.4mm in my case) between the motor and the motor mount/carriage (painted red on my saw). It took a few rounds of trial and error but was worth it.

OP
W

warren gg

Hi everyone,

I've got a rubi dw 200 lp wet saw with a Marxist blade for cutting marble and granite. I've tried to cut a stone tile which is 500mm by 500mm but the saw does not cut in a straight line. I'll be very grateful if someone can advise me on this.
if you was running it straight through in one go the blade maybe bending off course, mine was so i did few small runs to get a line then straight through and it followed the line

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The platform tile sits on is not running straight !wheels not tight etc etc ?.

Reply to Rubi Wet Saw Not Cutting Straight in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock