Discuss Rubi TS75 advice any Rubi experts? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to this cutter and am having a bit of a nightmare with some porc wall tiles.
Rubi TS75 MAX Tile Cutter (Grey Base) 18975 - https://www.*******************/product/rubi-ts75-max-tile-cutter--grey-base--18975
I don't know if it's me the tiles or the cutter?
They are not the best tiles and are not flat or of even size, but they are chipping badly when I try and snap the cut, I have wasted about a box of tiles purely down to this now, I bought a Marcrist blade for my wet cutter and it's chewing the edges up badly, looks like a crocodile made the cut, finally started making all my cuts with a Rubi blade in my angle grinder.

Had a problem with heat stress fracturing the tiles so bought a cheap variable speed grinder and it's working pretty well, but dusty and frustrating when you want a simple straight cut!

W

WetSaw

Not helpful but a Sigma cutter would have probably cut them no problem.
What are the tiles?

D

Dumbo

Try scoring the tile then cutting beside score line with wet cutter. This can result in cleaner cut

W

Waluigi

This is why I believe people started to move away from Rubi in favour of sigma and monti

B

Blunt Tool

Yes it snaps a chunk off randomly left or right of the cut line at the end where the lever comes up to snap.
Common problem, place tile in nice and square, back score the tile ie pull handle back to around an inch of tile side furthest from measuring bar and score a couple of times then do your normal score. Then pull tile away from measuring bar a small amount before trying to snap

L

LM

Just incase there’s any confusion I think for any ceramic tile over 300mm a Rubi is crap!! But that’s just my experience.

Reply to Rubi TS75 advice any Rubi experts? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks