Discuss Rubi TS60 or Montolit 63P2 MasterPiuma in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Sean SML Tiling

hi guys im looking for some advice on my tile cutter. i currently have a rubi ts60 but i seem to be replacing the breaker a little to often. these tough porcelains seems to be wearing the point. does anyone have a montolit if so what are they like?

thanks

B

bugs183

The ts 60 is too weak, i bought a ts60+ and then bought a Montolit and never looked back!
But the sigmas are getting great reviews on here.

S

Sean SML Tiling

i currently have the ts60 + but ive replaced the breaker twice in less than a year a little to high maintenance.

W

White Room

I find mine spot on but you will find there is a debate between the Sigma and Rubi brigades.....

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I have a sigma3dm a montolit 63 and a 44, i would say the sigma is probably the best and nicest cut, with the least effort. That said the montys are good cutters, i had these before i got the sigma. i will replace these with sigma's soon enough though. I used to be a rubi user before all these though. Now i'll never go back i don't think.

J

Jeff the tiler

Sigma and montolit are quite similar and for me more robust. If it's mainly porcelain the Sigma I would definately go for. Only downside is there is no case this is an extra but for me both the Montolit and Sigma out perform the Rubi. They take a little time to get used to but I think you will agree if you buy one they seem better all round.

Reply to Rubi TS60 or Montolit 63P2 MasterPiuma in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks