Discuss Rubi ts 60 breaker - not breaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

sir graftalot

good evening chaps, my rubi ts 60 (not a plus) is not breaking the tile as it should.
the breaker seems to move upwards before pushing down and the downwards motion is not completed before the lever arm hits the tile.
does this make sense?
the lever does not spring back, it seems the lever, not the breaker is breaking the tile - but incorrectly because it is not breaking the tile in one continuous piece.
any thoughts? cheers

S

Spud

hi graftalot, is the cutter a new one and are you cutting porcelain by any chance ?:welcome:

S

sir graftalot

cheers for all the prompt responses guys! its not porc, its any bloody tile!
i've got it against a ts plus to check for similarities but because the breakers seem to be different i can't seem to get them to mirror each other in motion.
i wasn't sure whether you could service the breaker or adjust the lever action.
once again, thanks for the welcome, it makes a nice change to getting your head bitten off for only turning up with your begging bowl grovelling for help :thumbsup: cheers

S

Spud

i've got it against a ts plus to check for similarities but because the breakers seem to be different i can't seem to get them to mirror each other in motion.
once again, thanks for the welcome, it makes a nice change to getting your head bitten off for only turning up with your begging bowl grovelling for help :thumbsup: cheers
you can replace all the parts on a rubi as they supply a full spares catalogue, the breaker is simply unbolted from the cutter and replaced with a new one last time i did this the breaker cost about £25 plus vat but that was some time ago

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: - although both my Ts machines are old I've got into a routine with large format tiles of only using the cutting action! The snapping is done with a hammer on the back of the tile!
It's something that I've always done.
Hope you get it sorted.

S

sir graftalot

hi, like i say, thick or thin, it just doesn't work right. i supose a new breaker is the best option, i just didn't want to take the plunge if i was missing something obvious to those in the know:mad2:

anyway, sat night, my two favourite girls are winking at me ( stella and donna ), i is gonna :chillpill:, cheers guys

P

Perry

i found when they get a little wear you can grind the braker but it dont last for long you have to bite the bullet and get a new one

P

prince

ive been having the same problem with my ts 60 , what i think is the spring which need to be replace , im being a bit lazy not to order one , but i will chnage the spring and wll see if it makes any changes

Damian

-
Reaction score
good evening chaps, my rubi ts 60 (not a plus) is not breaking the tile as it should.
the breaker seems to move upwards before pushing down and the downwards motion is not completed before the lever arm hits the tile.
does this make sense?
the lever does not spring back, it seems the lever, not the breaker is breaking the tile - but incorrectly because it is not breaking the tile in one continuous piece.
any thoughts? cheers

You need to take the breaker and the measure gauge off of the tile cuter by removing the 6 bolts, pull the measure bar forward to allow the removal of the breaker.

Turn the breaker upside down to look at the mechanism (to see if the spring is still attached), squeeze the breaker together and move the cam below 2 positions, it only move in one direction, yours is fully locked so it can only move in one direction.

Drop the breaker into position, slide in the measure bar and re-insert the allan screw and tighten the nuts.

As long as the spring is there and the cam isn't fully worn I think you should have plenty of use out of the Rubi, if you go to snap a tile and the lever moves too much and locks out, your cam will be too worn and the breaker will need replacing.

Damian

-
Reaction score
does this make sense?
any thoughts? cheers

You need to take the breaker and the measure gauge off of the tile cuter by removing the 6 bolts, pull the measure bar forward to allow the removal of the breaker.

Turn the breaker upside down to look at the mechanism (to see if the spring is still attached), squeeze the breaker together and move the cam below 2 positions, it only move in one direction, yours is fully locked so it can only move in one direction.

Drop the breaker into position, slide in the measure bar and re-insert the allan screw and tighten the nuts.

As long as the spring is there and the cam isn't fully worn I think you should have plenty of use out of the Rubi, if you go to snap a tile and the lever moves too much and locks out, your cam will be too worn and the breaker will need replacing.

Reply to Rubi ts 60 breaker - not breaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks