Discuss Rubi TR600 S breaker problem. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kong Damtucuong

Hi, I just brought a rubi TR 600s cutter and found the breaker is difficult to use compared with the TS which have a single point pincher.
Could some one through some lights in what I am doing wrong pleaswt?

1476100581488651008140.jpg

T

Tile Shop

You have a heavy black mark to the left and a smaller black mark to the right of the score line. A tell-tale sign of where you brought the breaker down.

That could be your issue. After the score has been made, the break has to start from the end of the tile to split straight down the line. You can gently press the breaker down at various point along the score to weaken the tile, but the final break needs to be done from the very edge of the tile otherwise the split has nowhere to start. Breaking further from the edge, can lead to splitting in all sorts of directions which is what your issue looks like.

The tiles don't look as if they are anything out of the ordinary, but the second break lower down could be down to over or under scoring, or may be a knock on effect from the initial stress of dropping the breaker in the wrong place.

One other downside of the rubi breakers on the TR and the TX, is that its painted metal pressing on the tile. Thats probably why it left the black mark. We'd had this issue before on the TX cutter and we stuck a thin layer of rubber on the bottom of the breaker arms. No more black marks and the glaze is protected against excess pressure.

If the black mark isn't from where you dropped the breaker, then I haven't got a scooby, other than the over or under scoring or the tile being mis-aligned from the centre of the cutter.

O

On one

I have the very same cutter, albeit a lot older.........a common problem!
But not on my other cutter......a Sigma!

B

Bill

Why the childish posts about sigma - can't you guys help the OP out? - if not, don't post in the thread.

B

Bill

To the OP......just try putting the the breaker nearer the end of the tile and also make sure the wheel is in good condition.

O

On one

Your picture shows what can happen with your Rubi.......a combination of your cutter wheel, the depth your cutter wheel is set at, or the type of tile, or the thickness of tile, or..........
You'll just have to play around with it, trial and error I'm afraid.

Reply to Rubi TR600 S breaker problem. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks