Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rubi DW250n in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Now although i wouldn't give it up for all the tea in China, i have a few gripes about my Rubi DW250N wet cutter. I serves my purpose perfectly.
Although only 18 months old there's rust patches appearing all over it.

A welded 'tog' that allows the small shelf to fit snugly has come 'undone'.

I have to 'tap' the water pump if it is failing to suck (was told by Rubi rep' to do this when machine was less than a year old).

Although the blade is in tight, it does have the capability to move anything up to 3mm when slightly bullied.

The brass nut that stops the plunge, rattles and eventually falls off if you don't keep an eye on it.

I don't abuse it, wash it it every other day, it's like layers of grey paint are falling off it, all over it!

Oh, the wheels fell apart after 6 weeks of pulling it to and from the van to front doors!

Ok so i've caned it a bit, but motor wise it hasn't broken down, un-like 3 in one week that did forcing me to weigh out for a good one.

Paid £800 cash for it but fell out with the guy i got it from. Rubi won't entertain me unless i go through said guy, which is nice of them...or not.

It's not dirty, honest, just trav' dust, in case someone wants to pull the condition!!

Cheers, Jel

Attachments

• 10th Jan 2010 010.jpg
    10th Jan 2010 010.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 10th Jan 2010 014.jpg
    10th Jan 2010 014.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 10th Jan 2010 015.jpg
    10th Jan 2010 015.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

Gazzer

Re: Tools Reviews WANTED!

Now although i wouldn't give it up for all the tea in China, i have a few gripes about my Rubi DW250N wet cutter. I serves my purpose perfectly.
Although only 18 months old there's rust patches appearing all over it.

A welded 'tog' that allows the small shelf to fit snugly has come 'undone'.

I have to 'tap' the water pump if it is failing to suck (was told by Rubi rep' to do this when machine was less than a year old).

Although the blade is in tight, it does have the capability to move anything up to 3mm when slightly bullied.

The brass nut that stops the plunge, rattles and eventually falls off if you don't keep an eye on it.

I don't abuse it, wash it it every other day, it's like layers of grey paint are falling off it, all over it!

Oh, the wheels fell apart after 6 weeks of pulling it to and from the van to front doors!

Ok so i've caned it a bit, but motor wise it hasn't broken down, un-like 3 in one week that did forcing me to weigh out for a good one.

Paid £800 cash for it but fell out with the guy i got it from. Rubi won't entertain me unless i go through said guy, which is nice of them...or not.

HOW MUCH !!!! paid £570 for mine 2 years ago

OP
D

DHTiling

I have the same machine and it is 3 yr old...no rust..?

OP
D

diamondtiling

Has that Rubi ever seen a tin of WD 40, my sigma M10 is about 7 years old and in better condition than that. A regular spray of WD works wonders for tools.

OP
G

Gazzer

Mine wasnt rusty but rubber matting came loose from day one ( easy Fix) No other problems apart from not that accurate.

OP
J

Jelthetiler

Am i getting caned for paying too much? I use mine all day every day and don't bang or scratch it deliberately. In fact if i saw my labourer abusing my stuff i'd sack him.

I paid £1900 for my van, but aparrantly Oop North i could have got 2 for that.

You said you wanted reviews, good or bad.

OP
G

Gazzer

Am i getting caned for paying too much? I use mine all day every day and don't bang or scratch it deliberately. In fact if i saw my labourer abusing my stuff i'd sack him.

I paid £1900 for my van, but aparrantly Oop North i could have got 2 for that.

You said you wanted reviews, good or bad.

No one is "caning" you, merely trying to tell you its overpriced. Of course if you dont want to know where to get kit at sensible prices then ok. :thumbsup:

I think Rubi either have or had quality issues but who will admit it. i know a lot of people who agree with me.

OP
J

Jelthetiler

Has that Rubi ever seen a tin of WD 40, my sigma M10 is about 7 years old and in better condition than that. A regular spray of WD works wonders for tools.

I should swerve that, i'm not that clever around sarasm. I'm 43 years mate, i do spray the blade and clean (using WD40) the machine every other day.

The rubber matting came off too!

Isn't this about reviewing? I didn't realise it was about 'bigging yourself up against other people and their tools'.

OP
J

Jelthetiler

No one is "caning" you, merely trying to tell you its overpriced. Of course if you dont want to know where to get kit at sensible prices then ok. :thumbsup:

I think Rubi either have or had quality issues but who will admit it. i know a lot of people who agree with me.

I've always trusted people in the know at tile shops i used to go to. I never worked out of normal tile shops (Topps, Giant etc), only a small business where i did All my business. I thought i was a bit trumpy at £800, but was working on a £10,000 floor that needed a reliable machine. Besides, the owner of the shop said that if the Rubi broke down as the other cheaper ones did, he would get it fixed and then give it to me for free!
Like i said, i use it all day, every day, hot or freezing cold (emptied every night) and spray WD 3-4 times a week. I'm amazed how all of a sudden it's looking in such bad nick.

OP
D

diamondtiling

I should swerve that, i'm not that clever around sarasm. I'm 43 years mate, i do spray the blade and clean (using WD40) the machine every other day.

The rubber matting came off too!

Isn't this about reviewing? I didn't realise it was about 'bigging yourself up against other people and their tools'.

Jel no-one is "bigging" themselves up regarding tools. There was no sarcasm anywhere, I looked at your pictures and my first impression was that it was not looked after very well. You say it is and thats fair enough.
I do not have rubi cutters so I can only compare them to what I do have.

:thumbsup:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Jel........your Rubi is obviously an older model, going by the grey paintwork. Newer ones (as you know) are the rubi red............somaybe there was a problem with poorer quality metals used??????

Had mine about a year, and so far the only problem is the rubber mats going loose. That and the shear weight of the bloody thing. (I'm only ickle)
Mine doesn't get used on a daily basis........but when it does, I love it.

Only moan, as mentioned is the weight.............I do wish I went for the Dewalt though

OP
J

Jelthetiler

Jel........your Rubi is obviously an older model, going by the grey paintwork. Newer ones (as you know) are the rubi red............somaybe there was a problem with poorer quality metals used??????

Had mine about a year, and so far the only problem is the rubber mats going loose. That and the shear weight of the bloody thing. (I'm only ickle)
Mine doesn't get used on a daily basis........but when it does, I love it.

Only moan, as mentioned is the weight.............I do wish I went for the Dewalt though

It is heavy, but doesn't it have wheels on the oppo' end of handle. Sounds to as though i paid over the odds for an older model too!! I may have to bite the bullet and take it back to the shop where i got it (have a right old row with the owner) then try and persuade him to send it back to Rubi under the 2 anos guarantee!

OP
G

Gazzer

Contact the Rubi rep through the forums, i think his name is Mark ???
I contacted Rubi UK direct and they told me to take it back to the shop where it was purchased and they would sort it out.
Oh and mine was grey too but no flakey paint...stickers fell off though.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mine has got wheels........but crappy nylon jobs. I keep meaning to change them for rubber wheels.

Still fill my undies lifting it into the van

Reply to Rubi DW250n in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock