Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rubi Diamant Dw 250n Problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

dziqs

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys

My rubi wet saw, when using it for 45 deg cuts, won't make a straight line. Let's say I need the tile to be 300mm wide but end up with tile which is on one side 300mm and on the other 292mm. Have you got any ideas how can it be fixed? I tried to adjust it on the bolts which holds the arm but it didn't work. Is there any place in London where it could be rapaired?

Thanks for any help

OP
G

Gazzer

Used to have the same issue, Only way i could get a decent cut was to mark the tile with a wax pen and literally steer the wheel on the line otherwise it would wander all over the place

OP
O

Old Mod

You're talking about mitre cuts yeah?
U've said u can't get a parellel cut so I assume that's what u mean and not diagonal cuts.
Does it cut perfectly square on a regular cut?
If so, the machine is probably fine, unless u have the stops at each end (if it has them) set differently, that'll twist the gantry.
It's just as likely to be a combination of other things.
Trying to move cutting head too fast, worn or incorrect blade and workpiece moving or lifting on cutting bed, especially with hard porcelain.
As you run down the piece, the blade is naturally pushed away from the edge that you're cutting.
So if your blade is worn or too thin this will magnify the problem.
Certain blades are designed especially for cutting mitres, the centre section of the blade will be thicker and therefore reducing the possibility of the blade flexing.
The Montolit DNA is a good example of a blade designed for mitring.
Also the problem can be exacerbated by the work piece lifting slightly from the cutting bed, try clamping it down so that it is solid and won't move.
Can't be 100% sure this is your problem, but it may well be a combination of them.
I'd try looking at these issues first before spending money on a service that may or may not be needed.

OP
D

dziqs

Damn. Cutter for £700 which was used maybe on 5-7 jobs isn't working as it should.

Yes I'm talking about mitre cuts. The regular cut is OK. Once set to mitre cut position, even without the tile on the machine, I can see that when I slide the blade (as I would do to cut the tile) the blade in end position is closer to the edge of cutting bed than at the start position.
I bought new rubi blade, suitable for mitre cuts and porcelain tiles so it's not that.

Do you think there is any place where it could be repaired?

OP
D

dziqs

I phoned them a while ago and they said they discontinued making that model (rubi diamant dw250n) and they can't help me. They didn't know where to go neither.
I received from them the "Electric machine alignment" pdf document and after doing that it got only a little bit better. I couldn't adjust it more and when I wanted to do the straight (not mitre) cut I had to readjust it again..
I don't understand why such a machine (good brand) used not so many times can't do the job.. Maybe that's why they stoped making this model..

OP
D

dziqs

Derek is from Sigma and he's not dealing with Rubi cutters..
Any other suggestions? Or this saw is just for skip now?
Cheers

OP
I

Italy

I phoned them a while ago and they said they discontinued making that model (rubi diamant dw250n) and they can't help me. They didn't know where to go neither.
I received from them the "Electric machine alignment" pdf document and after doing that it got only a little bit better. I couldn't adjust it more and when I wanted to do the straight (not mitre) cut I had to readjust it again..
I don't understand why such a machine (good brand) used not so many times can't do the job.. Maybe that's why they stoped making this model..
I'm sorry. but by the response. that they have given to you. not be. answer.
of (good brand)

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

I got the Sigma quip!
Try your local CTD - they often have Rubi repair/service days ( they do in the elite part of the country -Newcastle) and they maybe able to tell you the next or nearest branch hosting one .

OP
M

Mark bute

I’ve just bought the Rubi du 250 850and first cuts on the brand new saw are not square .bad piece ov equipment would not recommend this .what a waste of 665.00 😡😡😡

Reply to Rubi Diamant Dw 250n Problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock