Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rubi 66 max problem new cutter new tiler in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

Andrew Smith

Please checkout the following advertisement.
10E33DC6-FB1F-4228-B22B-AFF540934D3C.jpeg
59DF8A86-9EFE-46D9-BC66-2F91DA87E24F.jpeg
0C0384FF-4963-4260-8A7B-505BE02755F3.jpeg
Hi all, relatively new to tile but I’m giving it a good go!
I’m having major probs with my (new ish) rubi 66 max
Every time I cut a tile down it’s length the left hand cut smashes a corner off - doesn’t matter what the thickness of ceramic tile?
Isn’t to bad when cutting along the width but it’s a heart in mouth thing every cut !!
Please see pics
Am I doing something wrong or is this a common fault
Thanks - Andy

OP
G

GoneGuy

Are you making sure your scoring all the way to the end with equal pressure? Try changing the scoring wheel

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
View attachment 99956 View attachment 99957 View attachment 99958 Hi all, relatively new to tile but I’m giving it a good go!
Every time I cut a tile down it’s length the left hand cut smashes a corner off - doesn’t matter what the thickness of ceramic tile?
Isn’t to bad when cutting along the width but it’s a heart in mouth thing every cut !!
Please see pics
Thanks - Andy
Try just squeezing the breaker, don't jerk it and after you score
the tile move it back towards you slightly.

OP
S

Spare Tool

The breakers are a crap design...good for nothing except metros imho, and yes ive got one and metros are the only time it see's the light of day

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
You might find the snapper is slightly bent...was on mine, so fitted an upgraded breaker from Tradetiler...been fine since.

You have to be confident when smapping the tile. You need a good firm and smooth motion.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
View attachment 99956 View attachment 99957 View attachment 99958 Hi all, relatively new to tile but I’m giving it a good go!
Please see pics
Thanks - Andy
If you are still having problems the tiles you are cutting are just ceramic so you should be able to snap them with your fingers.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know exactly what to do.
seen this problem many times.

You need to pick up you cutter.
Take it outside.
Find the closest bin.
And through it in.
Go back inside.
Go on tinternet.
And purchase a Sigma.
This should solve the problem.
:):):)

OP
A

Andrew Smith

I know exactly what to do.
seen this problem many times.

You need to pick up you cutter.
Take it outside.
Find the closest bin.
And through it in.
Go back inside.
Go on tinternet.
And purchase a Sigma.
This should solve the problem.
:):):)

Cheers mate - and I hear what you’re saying but that cutter cost over £200 and came recommended- I’ve always thought it was the breaker so I’ll replace that

Reply to Rubi 66 max problem new cutter new tiler in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock