Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rubbish Van dealers or is just mine. in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
What is it with van dealers are is it just FIAT.
my van had a gearbox fault, repaired under warranty. Which is fine, but no courtesy vehicles, in for 4 days plus the day for them to decide what was wrong with it. So had to take a holiday while it was in.
So its developed one of the two faults it was in for again, the gear stick wants to just lie to left instead of returning to the centre.
So i called in, he looks it up when it was last in and tells me the gear box was mashed......! For one they never said anything like that when i picked it up.
So guess what, a day to decide whats wrong with it and at least 24 hrs to fix so three days off again as no bloody courtesy vehicle.

:(:(:(

W

WetSaw

Get on to Fiat Uk and explain your disappointment and how your now reconsidering your next purchase. They may not GAF but it's worth a try.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Stupid vans..

I was at a major roundabout the other Saturday morning minding my own business in my 2005 Combo on my way to get half a tank of diesel (I never fill up due to weight) when my gear stick went all floppy and flopping about all over the place I could only engage 3rd gear. I managed to rev my way out and limped round the corner to the garage I normally take it, they were closed so I made arrangments for a lift home but had to wait an hour so I watched a You tube video on my gear linkage and was able to fix it, a plastic arm had popped off its ball joint!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Stupid vans..

I was at a major roundabout the other Saturday morning minding my own business in my 2005 Combo on my way to get half a tank of diesel (I never fill up due to weight) when my gear stick went all floppy and flopping about all over the place I could only engage 3rd gear. I managed to rev my way out and limped round the corner to the garage I normally take it, they were closed so I made arrangments for a lift home but had to wait an hour so I watched a You tube video on my gear linkage and was able to fix it, a plastic arm had popped off its ball joint![/QUOTE
Calling all Traffic, viviro, primaster owners. - https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/calling-all-traffic-viviro-primaster-owners.85744/

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Oh yes I remember that now, I thought my gearbox had fallen off or something, I got a new knock off linkage off ebay for £3.50

O

On one

Stupid vans..

I was at a major roundabout the other Saturday morning minding my own business in my 2005 Combo on my way to get half a tank of diesel (I never fill up due to weight) when my gear stick went all floppy and flopping about all over the place I could only engage 3rd gear. I managed to rev my way out and limped round the corner to the garage I normally take it, they were closed so I made arrangments for a lift home but had to wait an hour so I watched a You tube video on my gear linkage and was able to fix it, a plastic arm had popped off its ball joint!
Had the same with the gear linkage on a Ford Transit tipper ......travelled 300 miles down from the North and we just happened to be not long off the M25 when it happened.......crapped my pants.

Reply to Rubbish Van dealers or is just mine. in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock