Discuss rough textured tiles and grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mc497

I have just retiled my kitchen through hallway, the tiling went really well and looks really nice.
My problem is the tiles are of a rough texture and after gourting there are flecks of grout left in the rough texture. It is coming off with a scrub as the tiles are ceramic, but what a drama I could really do without.
Can anyone tell me is this a comon problem with a rough textured tile and can I avoid this in furture.:shades_smile:

V

Varley

Shouldn't have been a big problem if the tiles are ceramic unless you left it too long to wash ecxess grout off, how long did you leave it?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

as varley said prob left grout to long before washing but if prob persists use a grout residue cleaner. hg remover will do the job or lithofin wexa. good luck..

M

mc497

Yeah, I think your right about leaving the grout on for to long before washing off, I did leave it on for a long time. Thanks for the reply, cheers....!

M

m4ubs

i experienced a similar problem...whilst i was grouting i did quite a bit before sponging off, then when i went to sponge it off i noticed specks of grout on the textured tiles. It didnt take me too long to grout and i thought it cant be the grout has dried !...later on i realised it was adhesive !!! I remember at times i had oozing adhesive from the egdes and i run me finger through it for the grout line and with them dirty hands i may have touched other laid tiles....i think the adhesive dried in specks. The job did take me a few days so im assuming its adhesive most likely. Now i've learnt to keep a sponge and clean as you go if its messy !

L

laurami tiling

yup work clean and tidy at all times will save time later on plus you look more proffesional if there`s no addy finger marks all over the place

tony

Reply to rough textured tiles and grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks