uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Roller for leveling compound.. in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
27,122 92 2
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
They good at leveling the fibre based latex...?
Post automatically merged:

How deep max..?
Thicker the mix, slower you need to use roller, otherwise it picks up the leveller behind it as you move roller.

Less than the length of the spikes :)
How deep do you wanna go?

They are good tho, very useful for blending each pour into each other as long as you keep a wet edge.

Deleted member 38091

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,662 58 1
Personally the biggest one you can use in the space. I have one about 450 long and one about 600 with longer spikes

Joshjupp

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
374 5
Anyone use a spike roller for leveling floors....??
Yes all the time when leveling pulls all the air out and makes it nice a flat only time I don’t use one is when it’s a tiny floor

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
9,435 24
I have been using spiked rollers for a long time, i used to buy
them from a company called Refina. They are now available
everywhere:)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
18,373 184
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Spoilt for choice on pro tiler tools...
Post automatically merged:

What size spike 11mm or 21mm....?

Last edited:
J

Just Rizzle

i have 3 a fine one a medium spiked one and a long spiked one. i have A RUBY double mixer ideal forgetting a creamy smooth mix.
with out a spicker you wont get a true level floor. use it mainly for prepping floors for lvt.
the best leveler for me is the tilemaster level 30 rapid can tile on it in 90 mins

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,592 20
I have a 500mm long with 21mm spikes attached to a telescopic handle.
I find it covers me for all situations.:)

Edit: The one from Pro Tiler ;)

Sean Kelly

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
646 1
I was told by the rep not to use spikes on BAL level Max as it pulls the fibres to the surface.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
259 3
I cant remember who, but didnt someone on here mention removing some of the spikes for a better finish?

Deleted member 38091

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,662 58 1
That was me , it's only really for if you're doing a deep pour as it limits a bow wave effect you can have , on a normal pour it make a no difference

Reply to Roller for leveling compound.. in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.