• Thread starter frank pope
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 11K
  • usa

Discuss Rexon - reasonable or rubbish? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

frank pope

Hi tilers of the world -
I am trying to source a decent wet tile cutter without pawning the wife's jewellery. I know you all scream Rubi, but they're a bit top end for the ocassional job. I have to cut Porcelain and granite whilst tileing my son's bathroom and I hve seen a Rexon RTC200A in the Screwfix catalogue - is it any good or is there something better for the money? As a poor old pensioner I am of course open to a munificent gesture from a well meaning tiler with a Rubi to flog off cheap, but failing that a bit of advice would be gratefully received.

Happy cutting and grouting
Cheers
frank.:beer_yum:

D

DHTiling

hi frank....if you just want a cheep radial arm cutter then silverline ones are cheap...

200 mm radial tile / stone cutter 800w on eBay, Other DIY Tools, DIY Tools, Home Garden (item 120149614674 end time 18-Aug-07 21:00:00 BST)

or you could hire one.........dave........[DLMURL="http://www.hss.com/c/1014494/Tile-Cutting.html"]HSS Hire › Tile Cutting[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
F

frank pope

Thanks for your feedback Dave, I will have a look at the Silverline, but may consider spending a bit more if I have to. Not fond of rental because I have found the tools to be worn out on ocassion.

grateful for your input

Ta very ta,
frank.

F

frank pope

Hi Gaz,

£170 doesn't sound too miserable, what do you have at that price and is going to last a while given the ocassional tiling work? I imagine it will be capable of cutting porcelain etc.

I appreciate your help and hope you can advise accordingly.

regards

frank.

G

guy1976

just buy a plasplugs one from your local diy outlet if you burn it out just take it back and get a refund

F

frank pope

Thanks for the nod Guy but I've already taken 2 of those back and I think they're getting a bit hacked off with me now.

nice idea though
frank

Reply to Rexon - reasonable or rubbish? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks